Not many recording artists carry the titles “singer, rapper, songwriter & producer” and stand out in each category. That's what makes Brian Reith (pronounced RYE-TH) so unique, and why so many people have fallen in love with his authentic sound.
Brian grew up in Milwaukee and began singing on commercials at the age of five. His father owned a recording studio, in which Brian fell in love with the art of creating music. After moving to Nashville in 2005, he was discovered by Gotee founder Toby Mac. ”It's amazing when God truly gives someone a gift," says Toby. "Brian is just naturally gifted from God vocally and his lyrics just ease into your heart."
Brian went on to release multiple albums with Gotee Records and Nside Entertainment under the name B.Reith, as well as touring alongside artists such as Toby Mac, Family Force 5, Mali Music and PJ Morton. This exposure fueled the momentum to build and collect a widely diverse fan base, which he relied upon heavily in 2016 when he released “Heart On My Sleeve” (EP) independently via the crowdfunding platform PledgeMusic. "The success of that campaign revolutionized my perspective of the music industry," says Brian. "I discovered that we can build our own platform and create our own lane."
In 2017 Brian decided to drop the veil and change his artist name from B.Reith to his given name. “I want to be the fullest, most transparent version of myself,” says Reith. “I don’t want to hide behind anything.” He is currently releasing one song a month, giving fans the opportunity to be a part of the process via Patreon. “I’ve embraced that I am a multi-genre artist. My fans have embraced this as well. The chance to make music with them and for them is a dream I’m getting to live out in reality.”
With influences ranging from Stevie Wonder to John Mayer to Lauryn Hill, Brian comes from a unique place that combines classic soul and catchy pop with a hint of hip hop. “God gave me an ear to pick up things,” says Brian. “My style is just an accumulation of what I’ve heard throughout my life, channeled through the unique talents that God has given me. As a music fan, I come from a mixed background and I speak many different dialects. One of my callings is to cross cultural barriers and promote authenticity and diversity.”
• Many songs from Now Is Not Forever, How The Story Ends and Heart On My Sleeve can be heard in multiple national retail/food outlets including American Eagle, H&M, Journeys, Panera Bread, & Chik-fil-A
• Toured with Toby Mac, Mali Music, Jessica Reedy, PJ Morton, Reliant K, Family Force Five, Da T.R.U.T.H., Jars of Clay, Thousand Foot Krutch, Royal Tailor, Christon Gray
• Collaborated with artists such as Lecrae, PJ Morton, Christon Gray, Gungor, Dave Barnes, Da T.R.U.T.H.
• Released two full-length albums (Now Is Not Forever, and How The Story Ends) as well as two EPs (Heart on My Sleeve and The Forecast), a mixtape (How The Story Continues Vol. 1) and a Christmas Single (Christmas to Remember)
• Previous release How The Story Ends debuted at #4 on iTunes in November, 2011 and #25 on Billboard Heatseekers Chart.
• Previous release Now Is Not Forever charted #2 on R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and #32 on Heatseekers chart.
• 2-time Dove Award Nominee
• Featured on Winter Wonder Slam Tour, Creation Festival Tour, The Misfit Tour and the MOVE Tour